- March 12, 2016
Mustard-Maple Glazed Turkey Meatballs Recipe.
These turkey meatballs are liberally covered in a thick, sweet mustard sauce: you can go with a honey-mustard combo, or pick mustard and maple syrup for a more rustic combination. It does look like a lot of sugar, but it’s not actually that intense when it’s spread out over 2 pounds of meat, and the spices in the meat and the mustard in the sauce balance it out with a little sharpness. Whichever sweetener you pick, the result is really more of a sweet-savory balance.
- 2 lbs. ground turkey;
- 1/4 cup almond meal;
- 1 egg, lightly beaten;
- 1 tsp. paprika;
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper;
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1/4 cup maple syrup or raw honey;
- 2 tbsp. white wine vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. Dijon mustard;
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- In a bowl, combine ground turkey, almond meal, beaten egg, paprika, cayenne pepper, garlic, and cinnamon. Season to taste and mix until well combined.
- Shape the mixture into bite-sized meatballs and place on a baking sheet.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 20 minutes, or until cooked through.
- In a skillet, combine maple syrup, applesauce, white wine vinegar and Dijon mustard over medium heat, and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- Add meatballs to the skillet and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally. Serve hot.