- Preparation time
- 40 mins
- Cooking time
- 65 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 4 people
- June 1, 2016
Italian Meatball Subs.
Be a hero when you serve zesty beef/pork meatballs on big rolls to kick off the weekend.Print
Italian Meatball Subs
- 1/2 lb. ground beef
- 1/2 lb. bulk Italian pork sausage
- 1/4 cup Progresso™ Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 egg
- 1 (15-oz.) can pizza sauce
- 2 cans (11 oz each) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 4 oz. (1 cup) shredded mozzarella cheese
- Bake bread as directed on package. In medium bowl, combine ground beef, sausage, bread crumbs, onion and egg; mix well. Shape into 16 (1 1/2-inch) balls.
- In medium skillet, cook meatballs over medium heat for 5 minutes or until browned, turning frequently. Drain. Add pizza sauce. Reduce heat; cover and simmer 12 to 15 minutes or until meatballs are thoroughly cooked.
- Slice each loaf open, sandwich-style. Place 8 meatballs in each loaf. Spoon sauce over meatballs. Cut loaves in half to make four sandwiches. Sprinkle with cheese.