- Preparation time
- 30 mins
- Cooking time
- 60 mins
- 30 people
- May 31, 2016
These large-batch freezer-friendly meatballs are great on their own, or added to your favorite recipes.
- 1 lb bacon
- 3 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 medium white onion, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup Progresso™ Italian style bread crumbs
- Heat oven to 350°F.In ungreased baking pan with sides, arrange 1 lb bacon slices. Bake 10 to 15 minutes. Reserve bacon drippings in small bowl.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, place 3 lb lean ground beef, chopped 1 medium white onion, 3 tablespoons dried oregano leaves and 1/4 cup Progresso™ Italian style bread crumbs.
- Chop bacon into very small pieces; add to beef mixture. Using clean hands, mix beef mixture, making sure all ingredients are evenly distributed. Portion into about 30 (2-oz) pieces. Roll each piece into a ball.
- Place large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat; pour reserved bacon drippings into skillet. Add meatballs; cook about 3 minutes on each side or just until seared. (You may have to do this in batches.)
- Place skillet in 350°F oven; bake 30 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink in center.