- March 14, 2016
Korean Beef Short Ribs Recipe.
Here’s a recipe for short ribs that takes you a little off the beaten path: a sweet and savory Korean-inspired marinade featuring Asian pear, garlic, and just enough vinegar to give it a tang. The marinade also uses coconut aminos, a Paleo-friendly substitute for soy sauce with the same taste, but no soy or wheat. You can usually find them in health-food stores or online.
- 4 lbs. beef short ribs;
- 1/2 cup raw honey;
- 1/2 cup coconut aminos;
- 1/2 cup water;
- 1/4 cup white wine vinegar;
- 1 Asian pear, peeled and finely grated;
- 4 tbsp. garlic, minced;
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced;
- Freshly ground black pepper;
- In a bowl, make the sauce by combining everything but the short ribs. Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Place the short ribs in a marinating container (glass or plastic) and cover with the sauce. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours and up to 24 hours.
- Preheat your oven to 300 F.
- Place the ribs in a Dutch oven with the marinade.
- Roast in the oven until cooked through and tender, about 2 hours.
- Transfer the ribs to a serving platter and serve.