- Preparation time
- 80 mins
- 8 people
- February 20, 2016
Magic vegie forest.
You’ll be helping children make healthy choices when you plant broccolini, carrot and celery trees in a bowl of creamy avocado dip.
Magic vegie forest
- 2 large ripe avocados, halved, stones removed, peeled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 120g (1/2 cup) spreadable cream cheese
- 2 carrots, peeled, cut into 6cm sticks
- 3 celery sticks, ends trimmed, cut into 6cm sticks
- 1 bunch broccolini, cut into florets
- Place the avocado, lemon juice and cream cheese in a bowl. Use a fork to mash until smooth. Transfer to a shallow serving dish. Cover and place in the fridge to chill.
- Use a small sharp knife to cut two-thirds of the way along the carrot and celery sticks. Transfer to a bowl of iced water and place in the fridge for 1 hour or until curled. Drain. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Place the broccolini in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water and set aside for 30 seconds or until tender crisp. Refresh under cold running water. Drain. Pat dry with paper towel.
- Stand some carrot, celery and broccolini in the avocado mixture. Serve with remaining carrot, celery and broccolini.