- March 12, 2016
Oven-Roasted Star Anise And Cinnamon Chicken Recipe.
There’s not a lot of complicated fiddling around to make this chicken – it’s pretty much as basic as Paleo recipes get. Take some protein, add some spices and oil, apply heat until cooked. But it doesn’t need a lot of complicated fiddling, because it’s good exactly as it is.
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts;
- 1/3 cup coconut aminos;
- 1/4 cup chicken stock;
- 4 tbsp. raw honey; (optional)
- 2 tbsp. balsamic vinegar;
- 2 tbsp. fresh ginger, minced;
- 2 cloves garlic, minced;
- 3 star anise;
- 1 cinnamon stick;
- 1/4 tsp. ground fennel seed;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- To make the marinade, whisk together all the ingredients except for the chicken, and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Place the chicken breasts with the marinade, and marinate for 2 to 4 hours. (To save dishes, you could do this in an oven-safe dish, like Pyrex)
- Preheat your oven to 400 F.
- If your marinating container wasn’t oven-safe, transfer the chicken breasts to a baking dish with the remaining marinade.
- Bake in the oven for 25 to 30 minutes, or until cooked through and no longer pink, basting every 10 minutes.