- Preparation time
- 45 mins
- Cooking time
- 55 mins
- 4 people
- June 4, 2016
Skinny Grilled Sriracha Chicken with Garlic Cilantro Rice.
This healthy simple dinner on a stick comes together with just a few ingredients.Print
Skinny Grilled Sriracha Chicken with Garlic Cilantro Rice
- 8 (8-inch) bamboo skewers
- 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha sauce
- 1 tablespoon gluten-free reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon grated gingerroot
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 32 pieces (about 1 1/2 inches each)
- Grilling spray
- 1 cup uncooked jasmine rice
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Lime wedges, if desired
- Soak skewers in water 15 minutes.
- In medium bowl, mix oil, Sriracha sauce, soy sauce and gingerroot. Add chicken pieces; toss to coat. On each skewer, thread 4 pieces of chicken; cover and refrigerate until ready to grill.
- In 2-quart saucepan, heat rice, 1 3/4 cups water, the garlic and salt to boiling over high heat. Stir; cover and reduce heat to low. Cook 20 minutes. Remove from heat; cover and let stand 5 minutes. Fluff with fork; stir in cilantro. Cover to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, spray grill with grilling spray. Heat gas or charcoal grill. Place chicken skewers on grill over medium heat. Cover grill; cook 8 to 10 minutes, turning occasionally to cook on all sides, until chicken is no longer pink in center.
- Serve skewers over rice with lime wedges.