- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 45 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 10 people
- June 12, 2016
Smoked sausage alfredo.
Very rich and creamy mixture of fresh pasta, Butterball® Smoked Sausage, cheese, tomatoes and basil make a special occasion dish that’s sure to please.Print
Smoked sausage alfredo
- 3 cups heavy (whipping) cream, divided
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 12 ounces uncooked refrigerated fettuccine pasta
- 2 packages Smoked Turkey Dinner Sausage, diagonally cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
- 3 cups fresh grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon groung nutmeg
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomatoes
- Optional – 10 fresh basil leaves torn into 1/2 inch pieces
- Bring 2 cups of the heavy cream to boiling in small heavy saucepan on medium heat; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, until cream is reduced to 1-1/2 cups, about 15 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in butter until melted. Stir in remaining 1 cup heavy cream. Place mixture in large saucepan; set aside.
- Prep sausage according to package directions. Meanwhile, cook fettuccine according to package directions. Drain pasta, reserving 1/2 cup of pasta cooking liquid.
- Return cream mixture to simmering. Stir in cooked pasta, sausage, 2-1/2 cups of the Parmesan cheese, black pepper and nutmeg. Heat until cheese is melted and all ingredients are heated through.
- Stir in reserved pasta cooking liquid until desired consistency is reached. (Note that sauce may thicken as mixture stands.) Divide pasta mixture evenly between 10 serving bowls. Sprinkle evenly with tomatoes and remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese. Garnish with basil leaves if desired.