- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 40 mins
- 4 people
- May 21, 2016
Breakfast Casserole With Sausage And Hash Browns Recipe.
What can beat a big, classic diner breakfast? Eggs, hash browns, maybe some sausages fried up on the side. And of course a big hot mug of coffee strong enough to wake the dead. It’s a classic, and it’s actually pretty Paleo-friendly: you’ve got your protein and fat from the eggs, and potatoes are a Paleo-friendly source of carbs (yes, even white potatoes). A little light on vegetables, but as far as Paleo meals go, the classic diner breakfast is far from the worst.Print
Breakfast Casserole With Sausage And Hash Browns Recipe
- 8 eggs;
- 2 sausages, cooked and sliced;
- ? cup almond or coconut milk;
- 2 sweet potatoes, shredded;
- 1 red onion, diced;
- 2 garlic cloves, minced;
- 1 tbsp. fresh basil, minced;
- 1 tbsp. fresh chives, minced;
- 2 tbsp. cooking fat;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- Preheat your oven to 350 F.
- Melt some cooking fat in a skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and garlic, and cook until translucent and soft.
- Add the shredded sweet potatoes to the onion-garlic mixture. Cook for 6 to 8 minutes, until they’re nicely browned. Remove from the heat and place in a round casserole dish or pie plate.
- In a bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, chives, basil, and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the egg mixture over the sweet potatoes and top with the sliced sausages.
- Place in the oven and bake for 30 to 35 minutes.
- Let the casserole rest for 4 to 5 minutes before slicing.