- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 10 mins
- 4 people
- March 27, 2016
Strawberry Poppy Seed Salad Recipe.
Fed up with the same old oil-and-vinegar dressing? Or looking for a way to add some early-summer sweetness to your plate? Here’s your chance to make the most of strawberry season: a big pile of fresh fruit and vegetables, topped off with a sweet-tangy poppy seed dressing.
- 2 cups strawberries, chopped;
- 8 strips bacon, cooked and crumbled;
- 1/2 red onion, diced;
- 1 bell pepper, chopped;
- 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce;
- 1/3 cup strawberries, chopped;
- 1 garlic clove;
- 1/3 cup raw honey; (optional)
- 1/3 cup white wine vinegar;
- 1/2 cup olive oil;
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- In a food processor, combine all the ingredients for the dressing and pulse until smooth.
- In a salad bowl, toss together the strawberries, bacon, red onion, and bell pepper.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and serve.