- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 50 mins
- 6 people
- April 28, 2016
Broccoli and Cheese Pasta Cupcakes.
Watching your weight? You don’t need to give up your macaroni and cheese completely. Try these pasta cupcakes made with Green Giant® frozen broccoli & cheese sauce and reduced-fat sour cream for a satisfying dinner or lunch. Just add a green salad for an enjoyable meal.Print
Broccoli and Cheese Pasta Cupcakes
- 2 cups uncooked rigatoni pasta (6 oz)
- 1 box (10 oz) Green Giant™ frozen broccoli & cheese sauce
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 4 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free (skim) milk
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil leaves
- 6 foil baking cups
- Heat oven to 350°F. Cook and drain pasta as directed on package. Do not rinse pasta.
- Meanwhile, cook broccoli as directed on box. Cool 1 minute. Place broccoli & cheese sauce, sour cream, 2 tablespoons of the Parmesan cheese, the milk and basil in food processor. Cover; process 1/2 to 1 minute or until almost pureed.
- Place foil baking cup in each of 6 regular-size muffin cups; spray with cooking spray. Place enough cooked rigatoni upright in each lined cup to keep them standing up. Spoon broccoli mixture over and around the pasta, filling pasta tubes as much as possible. Use spoon to push filling between pasta tubes. Sprinkle with remaining 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until tops are beginning to brown.