- Preparation time
- 35 mins
- Cooking time
- 35 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 6 people
- May 3, 2016
Mini Greek Turkey Burgers with Cucumber Sauce.
Crusty French loaf bakes up beautifully as fresh, warm sandwich buns to hold little burgers topped with a tangy cucumber-yogurt sauce.Print
Mini Greek Turkey Burgers with Cucumber Sauce
- 1 can (11 oz) refrigerated crusty French loaf
- 8 oz fat-free plain Greek yogurt or regular yogurt (3/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup finely diced peeled cucumber
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- Dash salt
- Dash black pepper
- 1 lb lean ground turkey
- 2 small cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup finely diced red onion
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon Crisco® 100% Extra Virgin Olive Oil or Pure Olive Oil
- 1 block (6 oz) reduced-fat feta cheese, cut into 6 (2x1 1/2×1/2-inch thick) pieces
- 6 lettuce leaves
- Heat oven to 350°F. Spray cookie sheet with Crisco® Original No-Stick Cooking Spray. Cut loaf of dough crosswise into 6 pieces to make buns. Place buns, seam sides down and 2 inches apart, on cookie sheet. Cut 2 (1/2-inch-deep) slashes in top of each bun. Bake 19 to 22 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, mix yogurt, cucumber, dill weed, lemon juice and dash of salt and pepper; refrigerate.
- In medium bowl, mix turkey, garlic, onion, parsley, seasoned salt, 1 teaspoon pepper, 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon of the oil. Shape mixture into 12 patties, about 3 inches in diameter. Place one piece of cheese on each of 6 patties; top with remaining patties. Pinch edges to seal well.
- In 12-inch nonstick skillet, heat remaining 2 teaspoons oil over medium heat. Add patties; cook 5 minutes on each side. Increase heat to medium-high; cook 3 minutes each side or until burgers have dark brown, caramelized appearance and thermometer inserted in center of turkey (not cheese) reads 165°F.
- Cut buns horizontally in half. Place 1 tablespoon yogurt sauce on bottom of each bun; top with lettuce leaf, burger and top of bun. Secure each sandwich with toothpick; serve with remaining sauce. If desired, serve with Green Giant® frozen green beans & almonds, prepared as directed on the box.