- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 40 mins
- 12 people
- February 17, 2016
A kids classic you can make at home – a much healthier recipe to the store-bought option.
- 3/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 50g butter
- 3 cups untoasted muesli or rolled oats
- 1 cup sultanas
- 1/4 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/4 cup pumpkin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 180C. Grease and line the base and long sides of a 19 x 29cm slice pan.
- Combine the honey, sugar and butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until butter melts and sugar dissolves.
- Bring to the boil and cook for 2 minutes or until syrup thickens slightly.
- Remove from heat. Combine the muesli, sultanas, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Pour over the hot syrup and stir to combine.
- Spoon into pan and press gently with the back of a spoon.
- Bake in oven for 30 minutes or until golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven and set aside in the pan to cool completely. Cut into 5cm x 9cm rectangles to serve.