- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 5 people
- March 3, 2016
Santa’s going to love this Christmas Eve offering! Fashioned after two of his top-notch Prep & Landing elves, these cookies are more than a treat. They double as a sign that all is in order for the big guy’s arrival.
Prepare the cookies for the elves Prep and Landing
- Batch of sugar cookie dough
- Green food coloring
- Wax paper
- Tube for decoration white ice
- Thin chocolate cookies about 1.25 inches in diameter
- Green hard candy for points
- Orange jelly beans
- Red gummy raspberry candies (or other red candy POM-POM for elves)
- Yellow powder
- Shape template and cut out a hat shape for elves.
- Divide the cookie dough into two equal parts. Place one portion in plastic and keep it in the fridge until you prepare the green food coloring.
- Take a piece of wax paper, roll the green dough to 1/4 inch thickness. Using the template and a kitchen knife, cut out the elves and a hat from a green dough.
- Then take a 2-inch round cookie cutter and cut a circle for each hat to the elf, as shown in the figure.
- Now roll out the dough. Using the same round cutter, cut out face of the dough and cover them with hats.
- Using a spatula, move the elf on a baking sheet and bake cookies in accordance with the directions of the recipe. Let baked cookies cool down a bit on the baking sheet before you send it in the oven.
- Make points for each cookie with white frosting and stick the candy green on the tips of thin chocolate chip cookies. Then place the mint on the face of cookies. Take lots of ice to lock jelly raspberry nose and glue pompon to tip of hat.
- Optionally, you can sprinkle a small pinch of the yellow dye of the upper part of the face to create hair elf.