- Preparation time
- 35 mins
- Cooking time
- 55 mins
- 5 people
- March 19, 2016
In General shortcrust pastry is a lifesaver in the pre-holiday commotion. It is very simple, to mess with him a pleasure, the products available, and the result is always consistently awesome, tasty and elegant.Print
for the dough:
- 150 g butter,
- 1 egg yolk,
- 2 cups flour,
- 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar,
- 10 g of vanilla sugar,
- pinch of salt,
- 2 tablespoons water,
for the filling:
- 300 ml of jam (currant, cherry, plum),
- 100 g of nuts (walnuts, almonds, hazelnuts),
- 1 tablespoon of powdered sugar.
- Mix the dry ingredients: sifted flour, icing sugar, vanilla sugar and salt. Butter cut into cubes, add to dry mixture and grind into crumbs. Add in the dough egg yolk, ice water, mix and knead homogeneous dough.
- Separate from the test part 1/3, take out both parts of the balls, wrap in plastic wrap and put in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Prepare the Foundation for the new year’s pie. To do this, a large part of dough roll into the reservoir, laying in a greased form, rethrownew around the plane and send in a preheated 180°C oven for 10 minutes.
- Get out of the fridge a smaller part of the dough and roll to a thickness of 3-5 mm. break the Mold of cookie-stars.
- Baked cake Foundation brush jam. Then mound the nuts on top and brush again with jam. It is desirable that it was dark – cherry, currant, plum, raspberries, blueberries – then on his background, as it is in heaven, the stars look spectacular.
- Put a jam in the chaotic order of the stars and send Christmas cake in the oven. Bake about 20 minutes until a Golden color.
- Ready pie to cool, take out from the mold, sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve on new year’s table.