- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 6 mins
- 8 people
- February 17, 2016
Asking yourself ‘what should I have for dinner tonight?’ Look no further than this zaatar crusted swordfish.
Swordfish isn’t exactly something most people have in their fridge but if you happen to be wandering past your local fishmonger, be sure to pop in and see if there is any on the counter.
Trust us, it’s worth it.
- 40g (1/4 cup) sesame seeds
- 1 1/2 tablespoons sumac powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons dried thyme leaves
- 3 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 8 (about 200g each, 1.5cm thick) swordfish steaks
- 80ml (1/3 cup) olive oil
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Combine sesame seeds and sumac in a bowl. Place the thyme and oregano in a mortar and pestle and gently pound until crushed. Add to the sesame-seed mixture and stir to combine.
- Preheat barbecue grill on high. Pat swordfish dry with paper towel and sprinkle both sides with zaatar mixture, pressing firmly to coat. Drizzle with oil.
- Cook swordfish on preheated barbecue grill for 3 minutes each side or until just cooked through. Season with salt and pepper and serve immediately.