Smoked Salmon With Fresh Vegetables Recipe.
Chopped cucumbers, tomatoes, and crunchy red onions are a classic chopped salad base for a simple vinaigrette and some fresh herbs. But top them off here with some smoked salmon for even more flavor: the fish has an intensity that goes nicely with the vegetables, and the color is striking.
- 8 oz. smoked salmon, cut into thin slices;
- 2 cups grape tomatoes, halved;
- 1 cucumber, peeled and coarsely chopped;
- 1 red onion, thinly sliced;
- 6 tbsp. olive oil;
- 2 tbsp. fresh lemon juice;
- 1/2 tsp. garlic, minced;
- 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar;
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano;
- Fresh dill, minced;
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper;
- In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, balsamic vinegar, and oregano.
- Season the dressing to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Combine the tomatoes, cucumber, and onion in a bowl.
- Drizzle the vegetables with the dressing and gently toss.
- Roll the smoked salmon slices, and place on top of the fresh vegetables.
- Sprinkle some fresh dill to taste on top before serving.