- Preparation time
- 35 mins
- Cooking time
- 70 mins
- Easy Recipes
- 6 people
- June 1, 2016
Crescent Heart-Topped Lasagna Casserole.
Flaky garlic bread hearts bake right on top of this lasagna-style casserole for a special all-in-one meal that will satisfy the heartiest of appetites.Print
Crescent Heart-Topped Lasagna Casserole
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1/2 cup chopped onion (1 medium)
- 1 jar (24 oz) tomato pasta sauce
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 3 cups uncooked mini lasagna (mafalda) noodles (6 oz)
- 1 cup part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1 box (9 oz) Green Giant™ frozen cut broccoli, slightly thawed
- 1 cup shredded Italian cheese blend (4 oz)
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated crescent dinner rolls or 1 can (8 oz) refrigerated Crescent Dough Sheet
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- Heat oven to 375°F. In 12-inch nonstick skillet, cook beef and onion over medium-high heat, stirring frequently, until beef is browned and thoroughly cooked; drain. Add tomato pasta sauce and water; mix well. Heat to boiling. Add noodles; return to boiling. Reduce heat to medium; cover and cook 12 to 15 minutes, stirring occasionally, until noodles are tender.
- Meanwhile, in medium bowl, mix ricotta cheese and broccoli.
- Spoon about half of beef mixture into ungreased 12×8-inch (2-quart) glass baking dish. Spoon and slightly spread ricotta cheese mixture over top. Sprinkle with Italian cheese blend and Parmesan cheese. Top with remaining beef mixture.
- If using crescent rolls: Unroll dough; separate dough into 4 rectangles; firmly press perforations to seal. If using dough sheet: Unroll dough; cut into 4 rectangles.
- Form 2 stacked rectangles by placing 1 rectangle on top of another. Starting with both short sides of each rectangle, roll up sides so rolls meet in center. Cut each roll into 6 slices. Pinch bottom edge of each slice to form heart shape. Place over warm beef mixture. Brush hearts with butter; sprinkle with garlic powder.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until hearts are deep golden brown.