- Preparation time
- 20 mins
- Cooking time
- 50 mins
- 6 people
- May 11, 2016
Impossibly Easy Barbecue Beef Pie.
Bisquick® mix bakes up with favorite barbecue sauce and beef for a winning taste combo.Print
Impossibly Easy Barbecue Beef Pie
- 1 lb lean (at least 80%) ground beef
- 1 small bell pepper, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1/3 cup barbecue sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese (6 oz)
- 1 cup Original Bisquick™ mix
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- Additional barbecue sauce, heated, if desired
- Heat oven to 400°F. Grease bottom and side of 9-inch pie plate with shortening. In 10-inch skillet, cook beef, bell pepper and onion over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until beef is brown; drain. Stir in 1/3 cup barbecue sauce. Spread in pie plate. Sprinkle with 3/4 cup of the cheese.
- In medium bowl, stir Bisquick mix, milk and eggs until blended. Pour over beef mixture.
- Bake uncovered 25 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining 3/4 cup cheese. Bake about 5 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Serve with additional barbecue sauce.