- March 3, 2016
Meatballs in tomato sauce.
Meatballs can be prepared not only in the soup. Meatballs in tomato sauce – totally unpretentious, nutritious and attractive dish, ideal for lunch.
And if you have the stockpiled beef, a slice of cheese and a jar of canned tomatoes to your family is guaranteed a wonderful lunch for half an hour!
- 400 g minced meat (pork, beef),
- 1 egg,
- 100 g of hard cheese,
- 1 onion,
- 2 cloves garlic,
- greens (dill, parsley),
- khmeli suneli to taste,
- ground black pepper, to taste
- salt to taste,
for the sauce:
- 500 g of tomatoes with its own juice,
- 1 onion,
- 1 bell pepper,
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil,
- 0.5 tsp of ground paprika,
- 0.5 tsp ground coriander,
- ground red pepper to taste
- 0.5 St. spoon sugar,
- salt to taste.
- Grind onion and garlic. Cheese RUB on a coarse grater. Grind the herbs.
- Add in minced beef onion, garlic, egg, cheese, herbs, salt, spices and mix it well. With wet hands form the meatballs.
- Finely slice the onion. Also finely cut bell pepper. Cut the tomatoes in small cubes.
- Sauté in oil the onions 5 minutes, add bell pepper and fry for 3 minutes. Then add to the pan the tomatoes, pour tomato juice and over medium heat bring to a boil. Add spices, salt, sugar and mix the sauce.
- In boiling tomato sauce meatballs and put the carcass under a cover on slow heat for 15 minutes.
- Serve meatballs hot with your favorite side dish: boiled rice, pasta, mashed potatoes.