- Preparation time
- 15 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 7 people
- May 16, 2016
Mediterranean Tuna Salad.
In 15 minutes, you can take your taste buds on a trip to Greece with refreshing tuna-stuffed tomatoes.Print
Mediterranean Tuna Salad
- 5 large tomatoes
- 2 cans (4.5 oz each) light tuna in olive oil, undrained
- 1 can (15.5 oz) great northern beans, drained, rinsed
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 5 sprigs fresh Italian (flat-leaf) parsley, if desired
- Cut very thin slice from bottom of each tomato so it will stand upright. Cut thin slice from top of each tomato; scoop out tomato flesh, leaving tomato shell. Remove seeds from tomato flesh; chop enough tomato flesh to measure 1 cup.
- In medium bowl, toss chopped tomato, tuna, beans, chopped parsley, capers, lemon juice, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Spoon tuna mixture into hollowed-out tomatoes. Garnish with parsley sprigs.