- Preparation time
- 10 mins
- Cooking time
- 15 mins
- 10 people
- February 15, 2016
These double-decker sandwiches are topped and filled with healthy vegetables.Print
- 5 slices wholegrain bread, crusts removed
- 125g bought hummus
- 1 small carrot, peeled, coarsely grated
- 5 slices white bread, crusts removed
- 5 slices Swiss cheese
- 1 red capsicum, halved, seeded, cut into batons
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, halved lengthways, thinly sliced
- Place the wholegrain bread on a clean work surface. Spread each piece with a little hummus. Divide the carrot among the wholegrain bread. Top each with a slice of white bread.
- Spread the white bread with remaining hummus and top each with a slice of cheese. Use a large serrated knife to cut each sandwich in half.
- Place the capsicum along the centre of each triangle and place the cucumber along the long side of each triangle. Place the sandwiches on a large serving platter.